Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Coffee is Cold

This morning is one of those, Rest in Christ, types of mornings. Started out well, then misunderstanding and frustration ensued. Followed by whining and tattling. A well timed apology interrupted the tattling and eased my frustration, but tattling continued. Disobedience, distractions, and lost jackets came next.

Does anyone else have these mornings? Don't you just *love* how it colors the rest of the day black. I tend to be a negative person and need to remember to stop...and start my day all over again. I think I'll start by quarantining my kids from each other so they stop spreading around their bad attitudes (which they learned from me), whining, (which I do when I can't get their obedience), disobedience (which I do every moment of every day with my Heavenly Father).

I'll separate them from each other to bring peace in the house just long enough for me to fix my hypocritical attitude. I can reheat my coffee, but I can't take back hurtful words. Time to rest. Breathe. Trust God to do the parenting of my kids when I'm too weak.

R.I.C.

No comments: