Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sheee's Baaaack!

Hi Friends,
It's been awhile. A word of disclosure before we begin...again. There will be no facades here. I am a real person, with real kids, a real husband, a real house, a real life. I do not make my kids' clothes, I'm happy if the dirty ones they're wearing don't look visibly stained. I do not make my own bread, I defrost store bought bread in the microwave, throw some peanut butter on it and toss it in my kids' backpacks two minutes before we have to rush out the door. I do not plan elaborate at home date nights with my hubs, I just try not to ruin his evening with complaining out loud when he gets home. I do not usually have a clean house, but I invite people over now and then to give myself the kick in the butt I need to get up and clean. I fight with the husband I adore with my whole heart...I yell at the kids I would sacrifice anything for...I think negative thoughts about the laundry piling up that proves God has provided for us.

A few years ago, I had my life together. If you had followed my blog then, you would have seen a very different woman. I was likeable, self confident. Self sufficient. Self reliant...self righteous. Today, I am broken by my sinfulness, and healing by the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

So, this blog is somewhere I hope broken people feel welcome. Feel welcome to subscribe. Feel welcome to comment. I like a friendly debate, so feel welcome to differ with me on anything.

So, for now, God bless-I mean this sincerely, it's not a tagline for me-and rest in the Gospel of Christ.

No comments: